Friday, June 11, 2010


we went walking today with a part of my intention being the search for pretty in my town. we (violet and I) took pictures of your typical pretty , you know, flowers and stuff. The thing that really stood out for me, in the sunshiney showery light, was a freshly painted fire hydrant at the top of my street. The brightness of the red against the green grass and momentarily blue sky was quite striking. I took a photo and here it is. Red is awesome, but newly painted red is even better. It made me happy. What a great day! I think this blog is actually working.
So, I tried to research the histroy of the red fire hydrant and it was all quite elusive and dull, apart from the fact that they are called Johnnies in NY city. The thing I did find that was most entertaining was the Urban dictionary definitions of fire hydrant :

1.Fire hydrant: multiple meanings; a) to use a penis enlarging pump to make your penis turn large, swollen and red to resemble a fire hydrant. b) peeing on a red headed girl
ex: "so I went to the sex store with Lindsey Lohan. needless to say, I had a double fire hydrant experience last night. freaky friday!"

2. Fire hydrant: a high-waisted midget with red pants and a big ass.
ex: New Yorks hottest club is "Twice". Don't be thrown off when you get greeted at the door by a rabbi that looks like Joquain Pheonix. Club owner Robert Blake has thought about everything. Carnival parkers, groups of guys with afros and graduation caps and fire hydrants."

Enough said? Weird I know. Anyway, the fire hydrant looked pretty. I just can't leave it at that, because I'm weird.
Cheers! Happy Friday night! xxxooo

1 comment:

  1. egad!! I don't know if I can look at a fire hydrant the same again... you are weird... but that's why I like you :)

    ReplyDelete